The marketing major is designed to provide a broad-based business education and a strong knowledge of the basic marketing principles. The marketing curriculum develops the executive skills that are critical to success in all business occupations.
These skills include the ability to think creatively, to solve problems, to communicate effectively and to understand and work with people.
- Appreciation for the role of marketing intelligence in the development and execution of marketing strategy, tactics, and business success in general.
- Ability to effectively apply the core marketing concepts and effectively communicate the ideas, strategies and tactics that produce effective outcomes in dealing with consumers and competitors.
- Show knowledge of core marketing concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to analyze (scan) marketing problems (environment) and develop potential solutions for all manner of business types and situations.
- Appreciation for the role of creativity and innovation (including diffusion and value) as significant components of marketing success. This includes an ability to apply creative thinking skills in decision-making activities.