Redefining Business Success from the
Business Academic Success & Excellence
228.214.3496 or 228.214.3447
Like us on Facebook!
The College of Business BASE, located in the Business Complex at the Southern Miss Gulf Coast campus, is an academic resource provided at no additional cost to students currently enrolled in the College of Business at Southern Miss.
The BASE Center offers the following services:
- Tutoring in:
- Online video tutorials (by request for select topics)
- Academic and professional development seminars
- Limited writing assistance for business classes only
- Study rooms
- Media equipment
Rooms 106 and 108 in the Business Complex are available for College of Business students to study, use computers, work on group projects, and practice presentations.
The BASE offers complimentary video services for students who are preparing for a presentation. Video your presentations and review your timing and appearance on our 32" flat screen!
The Learning Commons offers additional resources for our students and is located on the first floor of the Gulf Coast Library.
Khan Academy provides over 2,400 short educational videos covering a wide range of topics including statistics and finance
Writing Quick Links
- Style Guides – Citations (APA, MLA, Turabian)
- Library Database Tutorials
- Finding Quality Web Resources
- Guidelines to determine if a publication is “Scholarly” or “Popular”
- The Speaking and Writing Center's resources for presentations
- Purdue Owl - over 200 writing resources; APA guidelines and grammatical usage
- USM Citation Help