In many diverse ways, persons serving as staff at the University provide the support necessary for faculty and administrators to deliver a quality education and service to the students of The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast.
In recognition of the integral role they play, three awards will be made, one in each of the following categories: (1) Administrative/Professional Staff; (2) Support Staff; (3) Physical Plant and Security. Award recipients will be recognized at a Staff Appreciation Day event in October 2012. Each award winner will receive a mounted certificate signed by the Coast Academic Dean and Coast Vice President/Campus Executive Officer.
- All current full-time staff members with at least two full years of service.
- Categories (With Example Titles of Each):
- Administrative/Professional - (Exempt level employees - Salaried) Analysts, Coordinators, Managers, Specialists, Research Scientists, Research Associates
- Support Staff - (Non-exempt employees - Hourly) - Administrative Assistants, Secretary, Clerical Assistants, Clerks, Office Managers, Clerical Specialists, Technicians, Coordinators.
- Physical Plant/Security - (Non-exempt employees - Hourly) - Custodians, Boat Captains, Deckhands, Patrol Officers, Skilled Craftsmen, Mechanics, Technicians, Landscape and Grounds Personnel, Dining Hall Staff
Unsure of your nominee’s category? Contact Cynthia Render-Leach at 5-4515.
- Members of the Selection Committee are ineligible for nomination.
The Selection Committee invites nominations of staff members in each category who:
- Demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Exhibit an exceptional commitment to teamwork and efficiency of operation.
- Evidence an outstanding ability to skillfully manage his/her unit.
- Possess a superior commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Make contributions beyond those normally expected/required by job responsibilities.
- Southern Miss Gulf Coast faculty, staff, or students may make nominations. Members of the Selection Committee MAY NOT make nominations.
- Nominators must complete the nomination form below, upload the necessary supporting information, and submit no later than 3 p.m. October 19, 2012. Materials must CLEARLY and DIRECTLY address the award criteria.
- Submissions not properly completed will be returned to the sender for proper completion and must be resubmitted by the October 19th deadline to be considered.
Selection Committee Composition
The Southern Miss Gulf Coast Academic Dean has appointed the Selection Committee, which is composed of a total of five Gulf Coast staff and faculty members.
Please complete the form below and submit no later than 3 p.m. on October 19, 2012.