Camp Live Oak Summer Youth Writing Camp 2013
The Nifty 50's
What’s nifty from the 1950s? Camp Live Oak will be when we go back in time to the days of poodle skirts, malt shops, and Elvis! Please join us when we go writin’ and rollin’ around the clock the week of June 24-28. Camp will be limited to the first 20 registrations. Deadline to register is June 9.
Camp Live Oak offers students who love to write an opportunity to explore their writing interests, discover their strengths, and learn more about the craft of writing. This program provides writing instruction, structured workshop time, flexibility in writing assignments, and opportunities to share writing with peers.
What will you do at Camp Live Oak?
· Write in a friendly and supportive setting with other young writers.
· Share and critique writing with fellow writers in small-group settings.
· Experiment with revision, style, and presentation.
· Explore a variety of genres that may include fiction, poetry, essay, and autobiography.
· Participate in art project and music appreciation
· Celebration Day with a sock hop
· All of the activities are set at the beautiful Gulf Park campus in Long Beach, Mississippi
The cost of camp is $175.00 which includes activities fee for materials and anthology.
A NON REFUNDABLE deposit of $85.00 is due after the online registration form is completed.
Please mail to:
Live Oak Writing Project
University of Southern Mississippi
730 E. Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, MS 39560
· Camp is from 8:30 AM until 3:30 PM each day
· Camp will be held at the Southern Miss Gulf Park Campus in Long Beach
· Tuition includes all materials, a t-shirt, and an anthology
· A "read-around" celebration will be held on the last day of camp.
Parents and friends are encouraged to attend.
Staff: A group of Live Oak Writing Project Teacher Consultants, who are experienced teachers
and writers themselves, will lead the camp and share their expertise.
Questions? Please contact Catherine Tibbs at email@example.com or call (228)214-3373.