About Student Life
The Department of Student Services offers a wide range of activities, services and opportunities to become engaged in student life that challenges students, develops habits of excellence and connects life outside the classroom to the formal academic curriculum. Our mission is to facilitate student learning, enhance student success and teach responsible community membership.
Through programming and events for the entire student body, the Department of Student Services hopes to enrich the college experience for every Southern Miss student. We host fun, cultural and entertaining activities as well as week-long University events for special occasions.
Contact the Department of Student Services staff for any of the following:
- Guidance in creating new student organizations
- Assistance to students in finding opportunities for involvement and leadership
- Assistance in event planning and publicity
- Financial and fundraising guidance and consulting for student organizations
- Guidance in the student organization registration process
- Current contact information for all student organizations
- Listing of campus activities for the semester
As you can see, student life on campus is multi-faceted and involves many departments, offices, student organizations and events. Get involved at Southern Miss Gulf Coast!