To honor the people of South Mississippi and the community that supports our university, the Department of Student Services is hosting a university-wide day of community service called The Big Event.
Our goal is to have 100 student, faculty and staff volunteers from Southern Miss help our local community!
Saturday, March 22
Meet at Fleming Education Center Rotunda
Gulf Park Campus, Long Beach
- 8:00 a.m. - Welcome, Check-In and Light Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. - Volunteer Site Departure (Transportation Provided)
- Noon - Free Lunch at Volunteer Site
- 2:00 p.m. - Return to Gulf Park Campus and Reflection
Registration & T-Shirt Information
- To volunteer for the Big Event, pre-registration is required.
- Registration deadline is Thursday, March 20.
- Volunteers will be provided lunch and FREE Big Event t-shirt
(limited quantity to the first 80 volunteers).
- Register today for The Big Event!
- Volunteers will meet at the Fleming Education Center Rotunda.
- Transportation is provided to the off-campus volunteer sites.
- The child-friendly volunteer activity will remain on-campus.
- Indoor Activity: Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Project may include cleanining, interior painting, organizing, etc.
- Outdoor Activity: Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Project may include lanscaping, exterior painting, building/handiwork, etc.
- Child Friendly Activity: Recommended ages 5 - 16. Parents will volunteer with child. Volunteers for this activity will stay on campus.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.