Events General Information
- Reservations of rooms will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis, with preference given in the following order: student organizations, university departments, non-university related groups and organizations.
- Reservation/meeting space in academic classrooms cannot be confirmed until the academic class schedule room assignments for the upcoming semester have been finalized. Academic class scheduling will tentatively be finalized according to the following guidelines:
Fall Semester: August 1
Spring Semester: December 1
Summer Term: May 1
- Individuals must contact the Department of Student Services to request use of the facilities.
- Individuals who wish to schedule an event should coordinate services a minimum of five days prior to the scheduled event. This includes a review of:
Room arrangement (set-up and breakdown)
Audio visual requirements
Food / beverage requirements
Clean up of facilities
- A confirmation of your reservation will be sent via e-mail.
There is a $50 booking fee assessed to confirm an event reservation. The booking fee confirms the event on the University calendar and will serve as a credit toward the total fees assessed. The booking fee is non-refundable if the event is canceled. The booking fee does not apply to University sponsored events.
Funding for some university facilities was partially provided by Harrison County and its municipalities. Facility rental fees will be waived for any city, county, or government agency located in Harrison County. To be eligible for this waiver, 50% or more of the organizations operating budget must be provided by the cities or county. Please note while rental fees may be eligible for waiver, other service fees apply.
Space is reserved based on units eand each day is comprised of three units. Units are available in blocks of time and include morning, afternoon, and evening.
Schedule of Fees
Contact the Department of Student Services
For more information contact:
The Department of Student Services
730 East Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, MS 39560
Location: Hardy Hall, Gulf Park Campus, Long Beach