National Women's Organizations
- National Women's Studies Association: An organization committed to illuminating the ways in which women’s studies are vital to education; to demonstrating the contributions of feminist scholarship that is comparative, global, intersectional and interdisciplinary to understandings of the arts, humanities, social sciences and sciences; and to promoting synergistic relationships between scholarship, teaching and civic engagement in understandings of culture and society.
- National Organization for Women: The National Organization for Women (NOW) is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States. NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- National Council for Research on Women: A network of 120 leading research, policy and advocacy centers dedicated to improving the lives of women and girls. NCRW provides the latest news, analysis and strategies needed to ensure fully informed debates, effective policies and inclusive practices. In partnership with business, academic, nonprofit and philanthropic organizations, the organization advances collaborative and transformative change, both nationally and globally.
- Gulf Coast Women's Center for Non-Violence, Inc: Should you or someone you know need resources or assistance in dealing with abuse or assault, please contact our local organization.
- Mississippi Coalition Against Domestic Violence: The mission of the MCADV is to bring about social change through advocacy for victims, technical assistance for member shelters, and promoting awareness within communities throughout Mississippi.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA): A CASA representative is a trained volunteer appointed by a Harrison County Youth Court Judge to speak for the best interests of an abused and neglected child. By handling only one or two cases at a time, the CASA has time to thoroughly explore the history and circumstances of each assigned case and make recommendations based on facts.
- Mississippi Forum on Children and Families: Advocates community resource development through education, information, and training. MFCF believes in a solution-focused approach to advocacy.
- Mississippi Children's Home Services: Mission is to improve the lives of children and families by providing a continuum of compassionate measurable and effective behavioral and social services.