Alumni Spotlight, March 2012
Mr. Gary Marchand
Gary Marchand is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Memorial Hospital at Gulfport with over 25 years of healthcare experience (20 of those years with Memorial Hospital). Prior to joining Memorial, Mr. Marchand’s experience includes service as Vice President of Finance at Touro Infirmary in New Orleans and Audit Manager with Arthur Andersen & Co. serving in that firm’s international practice division. Marchand also served the nation through the United States Air Force.
- B.S. - University of New Orleans
- M.P.H. The University of Southern Mississippi
- Chairman of the VHA Gulf States Board of Directors
- Co-Chairman of USM’s College of Health Dean’s Council
- Past Chairman of the American Heart Association’s Start! Walking Campaign
- Board of the USM Masters of Public Health Alumni Group
- Board of the United Way of South Mississippi
- Board of the South Mississippi Area Health Education Center
- State of Mississippi Hospital Medicaid Advisory Commission (appointment by Governor Barbour)
- Member of the Healthcare Roundtable for Chief Executive Officers, the Gulf Coast Business Council, and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Mr. Marchand is a frequent speaker and presenter on healthcare topics nationally, regionally and locally.