Dr. Maureen Martin
College of Health Alumni Spotlight - September, 2011
Maureen K. Martin, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, CED, CALT, QI currently serves as director of the DuBard School for Language Disorders at The University of Southern Mississippi and as an adjunct instructor in the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences.
She has previously served the Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences as supervisor of clinical practicum, as speech-language pathologist / educator of the deaf, and as assistant director and acting director the School for Children with Language Disorders.
Maureen has prepared and produced multiple peer-reviewed presentations, invited presentations, peer-reviewed publications, and speech-language pathology material publications.
Honors and Awards
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Award for Continuing Education
- Leaders for a New Century, Area Development Partnership, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 1995
- The University of Southern Mississippi Staff Excellence Award, 1997
- The University of Southern Mississippi College of International and Continuing Education Friend of the College Award, 1998
- Melvin Jones Fellow, Lions Clubs International Foundation, 1999
- The University of Southern Mississippi Alumni Hall of Fame, 2001
- International President’s Leadership Award, Lions Clubs International Foundation, 2003
- Innovator Award, Outstanding Educator in a College or University, International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council, 2004
- Etoile DuBard Award of Excellence, International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council, 2005
- Jessie H. Morrison Staff Excellence Award, The University of Southern Mississippi, 2006, 07
- Clinical Achievement Award, Mississippi Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2009
- Governor’s Task Force on Autism
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Council 2011-2013
- International Multisensory Structured Language Education Council—Board member since 1995; president 2010 and 2011
- Mississippi Advisory Committee on Autism (2011)
- Mississippi Speech-Language-Hearing Association 2012-2014 President-Elect/President/Past President