CSHO Unity Conference
The Center for Sustainable Health Outreach (CSHO), in partnership with the Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care, Central Massachusetts AHEC, Inc., and Community Resources, LLC., held its 12th annual Unity conference on May 20-22, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore in Baltimore, Maryland. Unity 2014 was a national conference designed for and about community health workers. The theme for this year’s conference was “Community Health Workers – Innovative Solution to Addressing the Triple Aim (Access to Care, Reducing Costs, and Promoting Healthy Communities).”
Unity 2014 addressed the role community health workers play in creating access to care, reducing care costs, and promoting healthy and happy communities. The conference stressed the importance of community health workers to the delivery of health and health reform; promoting social justice; shaping policy and practice; return on investment; and methods of overcoming barriers to CHW program success.
Additional details can be found in the 2014 Unity Program.
Save the dates for Unity 2015: May 19-21 | Location TBD
Plenary Session Presentation Slides
Plenary Session I - Community Health Workers: Innovative Solution to Addressing the Triple Aim
- Using Videos to Communicate the Role of Community Health Workers (coming soon)
- Community Health Workers: Innovative Solutions to Addressing the Triple Aim
- Core Health: An Effective Chronic Disease Management Program with Impressive Triple Aim Results
Plenary Session II - The Impact of Health Care and Payment Reform on Community Health Workers: The Lessons from Massachusetts
- Community Health Workers in a Post-Health Care Reform Era: The Current Practice in MA Community Health Centers
Plenary Session III - What’s Going on with CHWs – An Overview of National Programs Focused on CHWs
- An Overview of National Programs Focused
- Engaging Community Health Workers in Self-Management of Chronic Disease
- The NHLBI-CHW Health Disparities Champions: CHWs on the Move Promoting Health Hearts in their Communities
- Change for the Good: Building CHW Leadership
Plenary Session IV - CHWs Helping Move Healthcare Upstream
Plenary Session V - Open Forum: We’re Listening!
Last Updated: 12 June 2014