Professional Involvement Opportunities
The Southern Miss College of Health houses academic disciplines that produce many of today’s health care professionals. Significant volunteer opportunities are available to help shape and support the college’s education, research and service missions. These opportunities include the College of Health Dean’s Council and the College of Health Professional Associates.
The premier advising and networking group in the College of Health is the Dean’s Council. Made up of top health care professionals and interested business leaders from around the region, state and nation, the council advises the dean on strategic directions and initiatives for the college.
Membership on the Dean’s Council is open to anyone who is a significant stakeholder in health care and wellness promotion and wishes to further the education, experience and career prospects of students entering the health-related disciplines. Members are encouraged to support the College of Health directly with a gift of at least $1,000 per calendar year. This council meets twice per calendar year and receives monthly direct communication from the Dean’s Office.
Benefits of membership on the Dean’s Council include but are not limited to the following:
- Networking opportunities with executive-level colleagues representing a variety of fields in health care, as well as in education, business and other sectors
- Recognition and advertisement of your company/organization logo to College of Health alumni and supporters, including more than 24,000 individuals
- Priority invitation to public and private college events/functions
- Opportunity to advise on student recruitment, research and service collaboration possibilities, strategic initiatives and overall direction of the college
- Direct access to the dean
The Professional Associates level of involvement is available for those in health care and wellness promotion who value a close connection with the College of Health. This group includes a diverse array of individuals – many of them professionals in the disciplines that make up the college – who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the mission and activities of the college, as well as to participate in significant networking opportunities.
Membership in the Professional Associates level of involvement is open to anyone. Financial support for the College of Health is encouraged but not required.
Benefits of membership in the Professional Associates level include but are not limited to the following:
- Networking opportunities with fellow stakeholders in health-related professions
- Invitation to public and private college events/functions
- Opportunities to show special support for the college through speaking engagements, student recruiting, community networking, etc.
If you are interested in joining the College of Health Dean's Council or Profession Associates contact Dr. Michael Forster, Dean of the College of Health, at 601.266.5253 or email@example.com.