Higher Education, emphasis in Student Affairs Administration, M.Ed.
Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education with emphasis in Student Affairs Administration
The program is designed to prepare individuals:
- for entry or mid-level career opportunities in a student affairs capacity at colleges or universities in, for example, admissions, advisement, alumni relations, career services, financial aid, Greek Life, residence life, records/registration, student activities and student development.
- to understand how theory can be applied in a real-world student affairs context
- to understand current issues and trends in student affairs practice and higher education in general
- by providing real-world experiences via practicum requirements
- by providing a knowledge base in student affairs practice through coursework in law, counseling, diversity, current issues, research, student development, theory and practice of student affairs, assessment and advising student groups
by serving as a bridge to the doctoral programs in Higher Education
Minor in Student Affairs Administration
Doctoral or master’s level students may elect to take a minor in Student Affairs Administration. The objectives of the minor are to provide students with an understanding of
Provide students with an understanding of the theory and practice of student affairs
Student development theory
Cultural diversity among students
Current issues and trends in student affairs administration
Student Affairs Administration Faculty
Eddie Holloway, Ph.D.
Frances Lucas, Ph.D.
Joe Paul, Ph.D.
For more information, contact
Dr. Lilian H. Hill
Educational Studies and Research
University of Southern Mississippi
135 Owings-McQuagge Hall
118 College Drive, #5093
Hattiesburg MS 39406