The Department of History welcomes alumni and friends to support the Department through a variety of ways. Attendance at community outreach events such as the Center for Oral History and Cultural Heritage's Roots Reunion or the Center for the Study of War & Society's Book Roundtables are good ways to support the Department with your interest and presence. Alumni can support the Department by keeping us informed of significant achievements in their lives such as employment, awards, and publications. Finally for those who wish to support the Department financially, there are a number of funds including:
- History Department Operating Fund which helps with general departmental needs;
- Orazio A. Ciccarelli Fund for faculty development;
- Military History Fund which supports programs in the study of War & Society, including lecture series and other forms of outreach to the community, as well as scholarship assistance for students in this field;
- John E. Gonzales Endowment in History which supports undergraduate scholarships; and
- Jay Washam Memorial Fund for graduate fellowships.
We hope you will take advantage of some of these ways to support the Department of History. Donations can be made through the USM Foundation website. Please make sure that you make the donation to the College of Arts & Letters, that you indicate in the "other" section that you would like the gift to be directed to the Department of History, and you specify in the "special instructions" section whether the donation should be applied to a graduate or undergraduate scholarship or to support the department's general operations fund.
For more information about these and other opportunities, please contact Dr. Kyle Zelner.