Recognition of a Southern Miss Honors College Education
- Honors coursework is indicated on transcript.
- Completion of both General Honors and Senior Honors curriculum is indicated on transcript.
- Scholars who complete full four-year program (both General Honors and Senior Honors) or scholars who successfully complete Senior Honors graduate with Latin distinction.
- Honors Scholars are recognized in the Commencement Program and wear an Honors medallion with their regalia.
Honors College Graduation Requirements
- Honors Scholars are required to complete 20 Honors Hours by the end of the sophomore year.
- Honors Scholars must enroll in at least ONE Honors class per semester. Scholars are not allowed to take Honors core classes beyond the sophomore year.
- Honors Scholars must successfully complete an acceptable senior thesis and pass a comprehensive exam in their major discipline.
- Probationary students are not allowed to register for active learning classes. They may, of course, register for traditional Honors classes.
Reasons for Suspension from The Honors College
- A cumulative GPA below 3.25. Scholars are allowed one probationary semester in order to bring the GPA up to the required 3.25. (A more detailed explanation is in the Handbook).
- Academic dishonesty.
- Failure to progress in the Honors College curriculum.