Application & Admissions
How to Apply
Applicants must complete an online application for the Southern Miss Graduate School. Instructions and application can be accessed on the Graduate Admissions portal.
All inquires regarding application status should be directed to the Graduate School 601.266.4369
Once a decision has been reached, applicants will receive an email from the Graduate School to the email address provided in their application.
The School of Human Performance and Recreation's graduate program requires the following to be submitted to the Graduate School via the application portal.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Submission of acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
- Three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to assess readiness for graduate study
- Submission of curriculum vitae/resume
- Complete a statement of purpose
- International students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Application fee
- Master’s Programs
M.S. in Human Performance: Physical Education - April 1
M.S. in Sport Coaching Education - April 1
M.S. in Sport Management – Summer- May 1, Fall – July 1, Spring – December 1
- Doctoral Programs – April 1
Last Updated: January 1, 2014