M.S. in Sport Management - Emphasis in Sport Event Security Management
The University of Southern Mississippi School of Human Performance and Recreation, supported by the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4), offers a Master of Science in sport management with an emphasis in sport event security management.
The 36-credit hour master’s–level program is designed to equip current and future sports and special event managers and operation directors with the specialization skills and knowledge needed to meet the management capabilities and challenges of safety and security in a sports environment. This program is the first of its kind in the United States.
Program Goals and Objects
- To promote sport security awareness and the importance of detecting, deterring, preventing and responding to potential sport even threats
- To improve capabilities to conduct risk assessments, analyze and mitigate risks
- To enhance emergency response, evacuation and recovery operational planning to terrorist incidents, natural disasters and crowd-management issues
Plan of Study
HPR 696 Internship/Practicum: 6 hrs
Courses are offered online and in a traditional format.
Links of Interest
- Careers in Sport Security Management Brochure
- National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4)
- International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Dr. Stacey Hall - Associate Professor
P: (601)-266-5599 Email: Stacey.A.Hall@usm.edu Room: HPR 229
Last Updated: April 3, 2013