USM Learn to Drive Program
Students must be at least 14-years-old and entering ninth grade in the fall to attend the class.
Class topics include Mississippi traffic laws and regulations, drugs and driving, first-aid in case of an accident, vehicle maintenance, decision-making and seat belt education.
The behind-the-wheel phase begins with the elementary driving tasks of left and right turns on a driving range before moving to streets in residential areas. Eventually, more complex driving experiences take place on suburban roads, interstate highways and inner-city streets.
Those who complete the course successfully will earn one-half credit toward their high school graduation.
All instructors in the program hold a Mississippi teacher certification in driver education.
Course Fee: $275.00
Please bring the following to the first day of class:
- Verification of Attendance Form from the school which they are attending.
- Certified copy of their birth certificate. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Original Social Security card. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Completed application for learner’s permit/driver’s license. This form will be mailed once the registration fee has been received.
- Five dollars ($5) in cash to cover the cost of the permit on the day that the student tests for his or her learner’s permit.
For more Information, please read the Southern Miss Learn to Drive information packet, found here.
For any questions or concerns, contact Jewel Adams
P: (601)-266-5358 Email: email@example.com
Last Updated: February 28, 2013