- Create a Meeting (with others)
- Create New Meeting (Personal Appointment or Event)
- Edit Meeting (with others)
- Open Agenda (your own)
- Open Agenda (others)
- Search Agenda
- Send Meeting Update to All Invites
- Respond to a Meeting Request
- Schedule Recurring Meetings
- Display Calendar Views (Daily, weekly, monthly)
- Share Your Calendar
- Open a Shared Calendar in Entourage 2008
- Double-click on the day you would like to create a meeting.
- Click on "Invite."
- Type the names of all invitees in the "Invite:" box.
- From here, you can see availability. Choose an appropriate time and duration, type in the subject and location and hit "Send Now."
- Click the "Calendar" button.
- Click on "New Calendar Event" button.
- Enter the details about the event.
Note: If you have a Microsoft Exchange account, the status you choose for an event affects how the event appears to others when they view your calendar. If you do not change the status, Entourage shows you as "Busy" during the event. To change to a status such as "Free" or "Out of the Office," click the "Status" button.
- To make this an all-day event, check the box beside "All-day event."
- Click on the red button to close the window.
- Click the "Save" button. To bypass this dialogue box in the future, click the check-box next to "Always save changes without asking."
Please note that you can only edit a group meeting if you are the meeting organizer. If you are just an attendee, you cannot change the meeting time. However, you can propose a new time when you receive the meeting notification. This will be sent back to the organizer for consideration.
- If you are the meeting organizer, click the meeting you would like to change in your calendar.
- From here, you can change any information you need to, and then click "Send Update."
- To view your own agenda, click the "Calendar" tab in Entourage.
- You will only be able to see another individual’s calendar if they give you the appropriate access. This must be granted on a person-by-person basis. You can, however, use "Scheduling Assistant" to view anyone’s availability if they have made "Free"/"Busy" information available, as it is by default. To access the calendar availability of others, double-click the date on your calendar for which you are interested in seeing a person’s availability.
- Click "Invite."
- Add the name of the individual whose availability you wish to see.
- You will then be able to see if the person(s) and resource(s) are available. If they are not, the time will be shown as a color-coded bar, indicating the unavailable time periods.
- You can use the scroll bar to advance the time forward or backwards, and you can continue to add other persons or resources by repeating the above step ("Click here to add a name").
- To search your calendar, type what you are looking for in the "Search" box.
- You can search for a person, a room, a subject, etc.
- Below is an example of entries that matched the search term "craig."
- If you need to change a meeting, re-open it and make the necessary changes. After you are finished making changes, click the “Send Update” button. A new email will be sent to notify the attendees of the changes you made to the meeting.
- When someone schedules a meeting with you, you will receive an email. At the top of the email, you can respond by clicking "Accept", "Decline" or "Accept Tentatively."
- A dialogue box then appears allowing you to choose to send your response with comments, send your response without comments or not to send a response. Click the circle by the option you choose, and then click “OK.” It is recommended that you send a response so the organizer will know whether or not you plan to attend.
- When scheduling a meeting or an appointment, you can make it recurring by changing the option in the "Occurs:" drop down menu.
- If you choose "Custom..." in the drop down menu, a "Recurring Event" dialogue box will come up. From here, you can set up the recurrence as you want.
- In "Calendar" view, you can control the time period you want to view.
- You can choose day, work week, full week or month.
- Ctrl click on your Exchange calendar and choose "Sharing."
- In the dialogue box, choose "Add User..."
- Type the name or email address of the person you want to share your calendar with and click "Find." Then select the appropriate person, and click "OK."
- Select the person you just added and choose the access permission you'd like them to have, and then click "OK."
- Click the "Entourage" icon.
- Click on "File," then "Open Other User's Folder."
- Click the "Address Book" icon located to the right of the "User" field.
- Click the "Advanced" button on the bottom left.
- Input the following information:
Name: User calendar you are trying to access
Email Address: User email you are trying to access
Server Address: golden.usm.edu/Exchange/"Email address"
Check the box next to "Requires a secure connection (uses SSL)"
- Then click "OK."
- In the "Type" drop-down down, select "Calendar." Then click "OK."
- The shared calendar will show up underneath your default calendar. Please allow a few minutes for the calendar to populate.