Southern MIss offers visitors two services to get connected to the wireless network.
- The Guest Access network (charges apply) is a fully functional and faster Internet service. Departments hosting a visitor at the university may choose to fund the cost of the wireless for that visitor.
- $10 - 1 day access (24 hours)
- $15 - 3 day access (up to 3 days)
- $20 - 2 week access (up to 14 days)
- $35 - Monthly access
- The USM Public network is made available to visitors for free who need temporary Internet access to improve their Southern Miss visit. This service is intended for websites and functions such as e-mail, Southern Miss website and local restaurant searches. To connect to the USM Public network, retrieve the list of available networks and choose "USM Public."
To request service
Departments paying for visitors out of departmental funds, please complete the Department Paid Guest Access Request.
For functions/events being held at the university with 5 or more users, a group account can be given. For group account requests, please complete the form for Group Guest Access Request.
For all single users, please sign up for Guest Access by completing the Guest Access Request Form. Please note that you will not be able to connect to Guest Access wireless network until you are physically on campus.
A mandatory 24-hour notice is required to request group wireless access. Requests received after 3 p.m. central time will be processed next business day.
The Southern Miss Network is available 24/7, except for scheduled maintenance periods.
Help Desk Assistance
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note that wireless services will work on campus only.
For problems or issues contact
Located in Cook Library 103
Phone Number: 601.266.HELP (4357)
For further information
Game Day Access (2-page PDF)