LoJack for Laptops
LoJack for Laptops
Features and Benefits
Other Track, We Get Stolen Laptops Back
When your computer is stolen, you can feel powerless. But you don't have to LoJack® for Laptops by Absolute® Software gives you the power to remotely locate, lock and delete the data on your computer before it falls into the wrong hands. Most powerful of all, only LoJack for Laptops has dedicated Theft Recovery Team that works with local law enforcement to recover your stolen laptop and return it to you.
Prevent Use of your Lost Laptop
Protect Your Privacy Remotely
Map Your Laptop's Location
Get Your Laptop and Your Life Back
How It Works
Patented Technology Keeps You Protected
You deserve the strongest protection available, and LoJack for Laptops puts our persistent, patented technology on your side.
- When LoJack for Laptops is installed, a small piece of software, the Computertrace® Agent, is embedded on your computer. It is very difficult to detect and resists deletion.
- Once you activate your LoJack for Laptops subscription, the Agent starts contacting Absolute's Monitoring Center via the Internet at regular, frequent intervals.
- Should you request a Lock or Delete procedure, the Agent receives and executes these commands and next time it contacts the Monitoring Center. If your laptop is stolen, the Theft Recovery Team can use the Agent to obtain forensic data used to guide local law enforcement in recovering it.
Our Persistent Technology
- Our software refuses to give up easily - even laptops with wiped or removed hard drives can be recovered.
- We partner with most computer manufacturers to embed our software directly on your computer.
- Persistence pays - laptop with wiped drive is recovered.
Steps in a Successful Recovery
- As the owner of a stolen laptop, you contact police and file a theft report. Then, you log in to the Absolute Customer Center and report your laptop as missing.
- The Absolute Theft Recovery Team uses advanced forensic technology to locate the laptop and possibly identify who has it. They share this information with local law enforcement, who recover the computer.
- The laptop is returned to you ASAP.
How to Lock Your Laptop
- As the owner of a missing laptop, you log in to the Absolute Customer Center and select LOCK from the menu.
- Following the onscreen instructions, you create a customized message with your contact information that will be visible to anyone who attempts to use your laptop. Then you confirm the request to initiate a Lock procedure.
- The next time your laptop contacts the Customer Center, it receives the lock command and the lock is executed. From then on, no one can use the laptop or access the information on it until you unlock it.
Remotely Delete Private Information By
- Realizing your laptop is missing, log in to the Absolute Customer Center, and select DELETE from the menu.
- Following the onscreen instructions, you can opt to delete all of your files, or choose the select file types you wish to delete. Then confirm the Delete request.
- The next time the laptop contacts the Monitoring Center, it receives the Delete command erases the files you selected.