Create new meeting (personal appointment)
- Open OWA Lite and click on the "Calendar" tab. Click on the "New Appointment" which is located right above the calendar.
- This will open up the appointment scheduler and will allow you to fill in all of the necessary information for your appointment (such as subject, location, time, date, comments).
- After you have all of the needed information filled in, click on "Save and Close." The appointment will then be aded to your calendar.
Create new meeting (with others)
- Open OWA Lite and click on the "Calendar" tab. Click on the "New Meeting Request" which is located right above the calendar.
- This will open up the meeting scheduler and will allow you to fill in all of the necessary information for your meeting (such as subject, location, time, date, comments).
- To schedule a meeting, fill in your name as a required individual, as well as, all of the other people and resources that you would like to include in your meeting. Also fill in all of the appropriate information such as subject, location, meeting time and comments.
- Once you have all of the meeting attendees added, you can click on the "Scheduling Assistant." This will allow you to see all conflicts that are on each individuals calendar. After you are finished looking at possible conflicts, go back to the "Appointment" tab.
- Once finished, click on "Send." The meeting is then added to your calendar and sent out to the attendees.
Create Daily Note (All Day Event)
- From your calendar, click on the "New Appointment" tab.
- Fill in all of the appropriate information for your daily note/all day event. Make sure that you check the "All Day Event" tab in the time field.
- Once finished, hit "Save and Close" and the daily note will be added to your calendar.
Edit Meeting (personal appointment)
- To edit a personal appointment on your calendar, click on the personal appointment that you want to change.
- Make all necessary changes that you need to and then hit "Save and Close." This will update the appointment on your calendar.
Edit Meeting (with others)
- To edit a meeting schedule with others, click on the meeting on your calendar. Please note that you will only be able to change the meeting if you are the meeting organizer. If you are an attendee, you must contact the meeting organizer for them to change the meeting.
- Make all necessary changes to the meeting and then click on "Send Update." This will alert the meeting attendees that the meeting has changed. It will also update on your calendar at this time to reflect the changes made.
Open Agenda (your own)
- To open your agenda, click on the "Calendar" tab in OWA Light. This will open your calendar/agenda.
Open Agenda (others)
- You can not open other's calendar in OWA Lite. You can, however, see availability for any individuals you want to schedule a meeting with. To see their availability – start a new meeting request and type everyone that you would like to see availability for under meeting attendees. (Either "Required" or "Optional").
- Click on "Scheduling Assistant." This will show any conflicts that this individual(s) has.
- To search your agenda, click on your "Calendar" tab. Once you are in your calendar, there is a search box at the top of the screen. Type in what you would like to search for and select enter.
Send Email to All Invitees of a Meeting
- To send an email out about a meeting (i.e., as a reminder), click on the meeting in your calendar you would like to send the email out about.
- Select "Send Update" and a new email will be generated and sent to all of the attendees for that meeting.
Respond to a meeting request
- To respond to a meeting request, click on the email that is sent as a notification about the meeting.
- You will need to respond with "Accept," "Tentative" or "Decline." Once you respond to the meeting, your response will be sent to the meeting organizer.
Schedule Recurring Meetings
- To schedule a recurring meeting/appointment, click on the "Recurrence" tab as you are creating the meeting.
- This will open up the "Recurrence" options for you to select the criteria for the meeting. Click on the appropriate information and then select "Save."
Display Calendar Views
- There is not as many options for calendar views in OWA Lite as there are in Outlook. You do have a few options you can choose from, but not that can toggle you back from daily, weekly, and monthly view. Below are the options offered.
- In calendar view, click on "Options" in the upper right hand corner.