Instructions On How To Use PuTTY with Dreamweaver
- Download and install PuTTY SSH Pre-Configured for Southern Miss Servers.
- Start PuTTY and load the saved session, www.usm.edu - FTP Tunnel.
- Once loaded, change the "Host Name (or IP address)" field to www.usm.edu as shown in the below screenshot.
- Using the category on the right, select "Tunnels."
- Add a new forwarded port for www.usm.edu as shown in the below screenshot.
- Once added, remove the existing forwarded port (www.usm.edu:21) as shown in the below screenshot.
- Verify that the only forwarded port listed is www.usm.edu:21 as shown below.
- Using the category on the right, select "Session" and select "Save."
- Connect to the server, www.usm.edu, by selecting "Open."
You have to be connected to the server via PuTTY before you can transfer FTP files to the server.
- Start Dreamweaver.
- In the Site menu, select "Define Sites" as shown below.
- Select "Edit" to edit an existing site.
- In the "Remote Info" category, type 127.0.0.1 as the FTP Host. Be sure to check "Use Passive FTP" and select "OK."
- You should now be able to transfer FTP files to and from the server with Dreamweaver