- PC Laptops require an 802.11b wireless PCMCIA card.
- Mac Laptops that are Airport enabled require an Apple Airport card.
- Mac Laptops that are not Airport enabled require an 802.11b wireless PCMCIA card.
- Desktops running Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP can use USB wireless adapters. A wireless PCMCIA card will not be required.
- Desktops running Windows 95, Windows NT or Linux will need one of the following combinations, depending on the type of computer used: PCI/PCMCIA adapter card and 802.11b wireless PCMCIA card or ISA/PCMCIA adapter card and 802.11b wireless PCMCIA card.
- Mac Desktops that are Airport enabled require an Apple Airport card.
- Wireless cards and adapters may be purchased from Barnes & Noble located in Thad Cochran Center.
- After purchasing your card, you will need to go to the iTech Help Desk, Cook Library 209, in order to activate the card and set up payment for the monthly service.
- Failure to activate the card will result in lack of network access.
For additional information, contact the Help Desk at 601.266.HELP (4357).