Melissa (Murray) Thompson PhD
Sport Coaching Education
PhD Educational Psychology, Florida State University (2008)
MS Kinesiology, Emphasis in Sport Psychology, Georgia Southern University (2004)
BA Psychology and Elementary Education, Rockford College (2002)
Coaching education with specific emphasis on coaching ethics and the coaching internship.
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology, Certified Consultant (May 2009-Present)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (December 2004-Present)
- Distinguished Teaching Award, College of Health (2013)
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology Dissertation Award, Salt Lake City, Utah (September 2009)
- Association for Applied Sport Psychology (2002-Present)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (2004-Present)
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (2007-Present)
- American Psychological Association (2010-Present)
- United States Olympic Committee Sport Psychology Registry (2010-Present)
For a complete profile and publications, view Dr. Thompson's CV.