Proctoring Information For Gulf Coast Students
For questions concerning proctored exams, please contact the proctor specialist at your respective campus to schedule an appointment.
Hours of operation:
M, Tu, W, Th 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
F 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Rebecca Gregory, Proctoring Specialist
730 East Beach Blvd.
Long Beach, MS 39560
If your instructor is requiring proctored exams for your online course, please familiarize yourself with the information on this page.
Each instructor will be administering their exam(s) in a face-to-face setting. You may locate the time, day, and location information in your Blackboard online class. It is imperative that you pay attention to the exam date(s). If you have a work or class conflict or you live outside of the area and cannot take the exam during the face-to-face time, you will need to locate a proctor.
Proctor requests MUST reach the Proctor Specialist seven (7) working days (fall & spring semesters) and five (5) working days (summer semester) prior to the date of the exam. If you not submit your request(s) within the guidelines above, you will be charged the late fee of $40 in addition to the $10 proctoring fee. We will NOT be able to accommodate proctor requests within 48 working hours or less of the scheduled exam date and time.
- Primary responsibility – it is the primary responsibility of the individual taking the course to obtain a proctor, as required, and to accurately communicate this information to the proctor specialist in the Gulf Park Library in a manner, using the appropriate application which is located at the end of this document.
- Locating a testing site –The Southern Miss Gulf Coast proctoring site is located at the Gulf Park Library, room 210 in Long Beach, MS.
- Application for Examination by Proctor – you must first read the Examination by Proctor, Student Responsibility section before you may access the “Application for Examination by Proctor”.
- Complete and electronically submit the “Application for Examination by Proctor” after you have read the student responsibility section.
- If you wish, you may schedule up to three (3) exams per course on an “Application for Examination by Proctor”.
- Deadline for “Application for Examination by Proctor” to Proctor Specialist – The proctor specialist should receive a student’s completed “Application for Examination by Proctor” as early as possible. However, it MUST reach the proctor specialist seven (7) working days (fall & spring semesters) and five (5) working days (summer semester) prior to the scheduled examination date. This will assure there is ample time to process you application and to forward exam and materials to the approved proctor. We will not be able to accommodate proctor requests within 48 working hours or less of the scheduled exam date and time.
- Fees Associated with a Proctored Exam – all students, regardless of location, will be charged the $10 proctoring fee. This fee is charged to your student account at the beginning of the next semester. If you prefer to pay in-person you may do so with a check, cash, or money order.
- When the “Application for Examination by Proctor” is received after the stated deadline (See “Student Responsibility”, item 4), students will pay a $40 late fee in addition to the $10 proctoring fee.