Logistics, Trade and Transportation Symposium
February 26-27, 2014 - Gulfport, Mississippi
University of Southern Mississippi’s Gulf Park Campus
The Center for Logistics, Trade, and Transportation at the University of Southern Mississippi (www.usm.edu/cltt) is sponsoring the Logistics, Trade, and Transportation Symposium 2014 – that provides a unique forum for students to network and present their research projects. Students are asked to submit poster presentation abstract (200 words) related to their projects. The theme of the poster presentation is Freight Transportation in America.
Poster session is intended to highlight best practices and tangible research results of student's project in the area of freight transportation. This forum provides an opportunity to visually present research and project storyboards. The poster session is open to all symposium attendees. There will be dedicated poster session meet & greet time during the symposium, but the information contained on the poster should speak for itself. Posters will be on display throughout the duration of the symposium.
In order to submit poster presentation abstract for consideration, students will need to send 200 words abstract to Dr. MD Sarder at email@example.com. There will be some limited scholarships for students that will cover their symposium registration. Please contact Dr. Sarder for scholarships.
- Poster Abstract Submissions: October 15, 2013
- Notification of Decision on Poster Abstract: October 30, 2013
- Submission of electronic copy of final poster: November 30, 2013
- Symposium Registration Deadline: December 15, 2013
- Late Registration Deadline: February 15, 2014
Preparing a well-organized, visually-pleasing poster requires good plan well in advance. First, students need to consider their audience and type of poster they'll create. Next, they need to gather supplies and decide what information to include. From this point, they need to create the text and graphics. Remember to format the poster as follows:
- STANDARD Poster Size: 36 inches X 48 inches
- Layout orientation: Landscape or Portrait
- Materials: Paper-based (with matte finish or coated paper) or foam board (including tri-folds)
- Key Information: Include, as a minimum the following information: Title, Name, Phone, Email, University, Location, and Type of Poster: Research or Project
If poster is accepted: (a) the presenting author is required to register for the symposium, (b) bring the printed poster in the registration desk, and (c) the presenting author must attend and present the poster at the symposium.
In addition to applied & research presentations, case study competition, poster presentations, the symposium offers many opportunities for attendees including plant tours, networking, and keynote sessions.
We look forward to seeing you in Gulfport!