Dr. Danielle R. Greenhow
- Marine mammal hearing and noise impacts
- Echolocation production and utilization
- Passive acoustic monitoring of marine mammals
- MAR 402 - Marine Environmental Science: An examination of the issues that affect oceanic, coastal, and nearshore environments with an emphasis on the Gulf of Mexico. Environmental Science is the interdisciplinary study of the scientific and societal components of our environment and their inter-relationships. This course is designed to help students gain a greater understanding of many of the more specific problems which arise due to disturbances, both natural and man-made, in the environment.
- MAR 466/L – Ocean Acoustics: An introduction to the principles of the generation, transmission and reception of acoustic waves in the ocean. Acoustical oceanography is a prevailing field in oceanography that uses acoustics to measure the physical and biological parameters of the marine environment. The purpose of this course is to familiarize students with acoustical terminology, measurement methods and practical applications of acoustical research within marine science.
- MAR 497 – Marine Science Capstone: Exercises and experiences to evaluate and develop or improve selected key professional skills through speech and writing intensive activities. This course is designed to equip students with professional presentation and scientific writing skills needed in their post-college career.
Greenhow, D. R., Brodsky, M. C., Lingenfelser, R. G., and Mann, D. A. 2014. Hearing threshold measurements of five stranded short-finned pilot whales (Globicephala macrorhynchus). J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 135, 531-536.
Greenhow, D. R., Harley, H. E., Fellner, W., Cardwell, A., and Mann, D. A. 2013. Methods for determining free-swimming positioning and echolocation beam patterns. POMA 19, DOI: 10.1121/1.4799416.
Mann D., Hill-Cook M., Manire C., Greenhow D., Montie E., 2010. Hearing Loss in Stranded Odontocete Dolphins and Whales. PLoS ONE 5(11): e13824.
Adornato, L.R., Kaltenbacher, E.A., Greenhow, D.R., and Byrne, R.H. 2007. High-Resolution In Situ Analysis of Nitrate and Phosphate in the Oligotrophic Ocean. Environ. Sci. Technol. 41, 4045-4052.