Students > Apply Now
To request information about or to apply for admission to our undergraduate
degree program (B.S.) in marine science, please visit the undergraduate admissions page or contact Nicole Harris at Nicole.G.Harris@usm.edu.
To request information about or an application for admission to one of our
graduate degree programs (M.S. or Ph.D.) you can:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us at 228-688-3177.
- Send a fax to 228-688-1121.
- Use the US Postal Service: Chair, Department of Marine Science, The University of Southern Mississippi, 1020 Balch Blvd., Stennis Space Center, MS 39529.
- Students can apply online at the USM graduate school web site.
- International students can apply or request an application online. You must submit your application, transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, and application fee to the Office of International Admissions, The University of Southern Mississippi, 118 College Drive #5151, Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001.
How do I apply to the USM Master of Science or Ph.D. programs in Marine Science or Hydrographic Science?
- Complete an application online and follow instructions for submitting application, transcripts, and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores to the appropriate office. International students must also provide TOEFL scores. All applicants must submit a $50 non-refundable fee.
- APPLICATION CHECKLIST
1. Graduate school application
2. Application fee
3. Official transcripts
4. GRE scores
5. TOEFL scores (for foreign students)
6. Letter of goals and interests
7. Three (3) letters of recommendation
8. Curriculum vitae
Have official exam scores and transcripts sent to the Graduate School or the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (foreign applicants). All letters of recommendations and interest statements uploaded to online application, but addressed to:
Dr. William (Monty) Graham
The University of Southern Mississippi
Department of Marine Science
1020 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center, Mississippi 39529
To insure that your application is quickly routed to our program make sure that you specify "Marine Science" and the appropriate degree (MS or PhD) and emphasis area (biological, chemical, geological, physical) or "Hydrographic Science MS " for your degree plan.
Apply early! To guarantee your consideration for a research or teaching assistantship with a full tuition waiver, we need your complete application by March 1 of each year.