The department offers several scholarships for undergraduate students:
- The Jack D. Munn Memorial Scholarship provides a scholarship based on financial need to a student majoring in mathematics.
- The Debra René Slay Memorial Mathematics Scholarship Endowment awards a scholarship to a student majoring in mathematics with a minimum 3.0 GPA. This scholarship prefers financial need, but the requirement can be waived.
- The Alton C. Grimes Endowment awards scholarships to students pursuing a course of study requiring 18 semester hours that being with Calculus. The recipient should be a Mississippi student and a person with high moral character.
- The Virginia Felder Scholarship Endowment awards a scholarship to a female student whose major is Mathematics Licensure. If no student meets this requirement, the award is made to a female student majoring in Mathematics or Computer Science.
- The Wright W. Cross Endowment provides scholarships to capable and deserving majors in Mathematics with financial need whose GPA is 3.0 or higher.
How to apply
Once the department learns which scholarships have funds available, as well as how much, it will post signs around Southern Hall with information and instructions on how to apply.