We offer two undergraduate degree programs in mathematics.
- The mathematics program leads to a general degree in mathematics. It provides a broad overview of modern mathematics, as well as a solid foundation for graduate study.
- The mathematics licensure program provides additional courses and field experience in lieu of a minor, leading to licensure to teach at the secondary level.
Both programs are described in the Undergraduate Handbook, which includes course descriptions and timelines:
- Undergraduate Handbook, Rev. 2.0, May 2012 (PDF file)
Students enrolled in the Honors College, as well as students who wish to graduate with Latin Honors, should familiarize themselves with the material in the Honors Handbook, paying special attention to the material on the comprehensive exam and the timeline.
Undergraduate research program
- Handbook for students who wish to graduate with Latin Honors (PDF file)
- LATEX style files for writing a dissertation or thesis (Tar/GZIP archive)
- ΚΜΕ Math Honor Society
- Department-sponsored competitions
- Trips to area conferences