Phlebotomy Certificate Program
The Phlebotomy Program will provide students with didactic and practical experience regarding the practice of phlebotomy. This program is approved through the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science. The program is offered for either credit or noncredit. A certificate of completion will be awarded at the end of the program.
- MTC 110, Phlebotomy I - 1 hr.
- MTC 111, Phlebotomy Practicum - 1 hr
- Noncredit Option ($350 per phase)
- Undergraduate Credit (one hour of credit per course at standard USM tuition rate)
Phlebotomy: Worktext and Procedures Manual, Third Edition. Robin S. Warkois and Richard Robinson. ISBN: 978-1-4377-0991-5
- Complete program application
- Submit documentation of necessary vaccinations
- Submit copy of driver's license to verify that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Submit a copy of high school diploma or equivalent
- Complete 500 word essay stating reasons that you are pursing the phlebotomy certificate
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a notarized affidavit regarding criminal background check
- Covington County Hospital
- Hattiesburg Clinic
- Wesley Medical
For more information, contact the Department of Medical Laboratory Science at 601.266.4908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.