Forms and Federal Resources for Military and Veterans
Federal and State Educational Benefits
- Online Military Personnel Records Request System
- Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF)
- Reserve Education Information
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- GI Bill Website
- GI BILL Rate Tables
- Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) for benefits
- Mississippi National Guard Education Office
- Mississippi Veterans Affairs Services
- Educational Forms
- AKO (Army Knowledge Online) - Army, Army Reserve and Army National Guard information pertaining to military records, tuition assistance, federal tuition assistance, IPERMS, CAC registration and more.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill - GI Bill information for those who have served in the Armed Forces since September 11, 2001.
- Transferability of Benefits (TEB) - Procedures for soldiers to transfer GI Bill benefits to their spouse or dependent children.
- The Fry Scholarship - Scholarship information for children of active duty members of the Armed Forces who have died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001.
- The Yellow Ribbon Program - Provision of the Post 9/11 GI Bill that provides funding for tuition and fees above the maximum in-state tuition and fee rates.
Military and Veterans Federal Resources
- America's Heroes at Work - Addressing the employment challenges of returning service members and veterans living with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Department of Defense
- Department of Health and Human Services
- National Personnel Records Center (Military Records – DD214)
- National Resource Directory - Connecting wounded warriors, service members, veterans, their families and caregivers with those who support them
- Veterans Administration
- Veterans' Employment and Training Service (VETS)
- American Bar Association Home Front - Providing publications and resources on a variety of legal topics that military families may encounter.
- Armed Forces Foundation - Offering assistance to active-duty and retired military personnel, National Guard, Reserve Components and military families through direct financial assistance, therapeutic recreational and outreach programs, hospital dinners and national education initiatives
- Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve - Promoting cooperation and understanding between Reserve Component Service members and their civilian employers
- National Veterans Legal Services - Advocating for benefits for veterans and active duty personnel with disabilities resulting from their military service.
- Native American Veterans Association
- Veterans Corp - Facilitating collaboration between veteran-owned small businesses
- Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) - Free federal program helping veternas refresh academic skills needed to successfully complete college degrees.
- VFW National Military Services - Providing services such as free phone time and emergency financial assistance, farewell and welcome home ceremonies, and college scholarships