Bass Studio Events & News
Double Bass Recital, Dr. Marcos Machado, Marsh Auditorium, Fine Arts Building, 7pm.
November 10 and 11:
Fifth Annual Bass Symposium
with special guest will be Catalin Rotaru, double bass faculty at ASU (Arizona).
- Raymond Bradford, B.M., Mr. Bradford’s band won a national competition on BET Television. Band was broadcast (live from NYC) nationally. (2012)
- Luzvic Arias, B.M., is now teaching at the Hattiesburg School District (Middle and High School) as the “Low Strings Assistant.”
- Eric Hilgenstieler, M.M., won the section bass position at the Gulf Coast Symphony Orchestra. (2012)
- Samuel Dahmer, M.M., is now playing with the Tuscaloosa Symphony Orchestra in Alabama. (2012)
- Guilherme Zils, B.M., was awarded a full scholarship at the Aldeburgh Music Festival, Britten-Pears Young Artist Programme (2010-2011-2012)
- Luzvic Arias, B.M., string teacher/internship in Lumberton. (2012)
- Guilherme Zils, B.M., was awarded a full scholarship at the 2011 Northern Lights Music Festival, Minnesota.
- Juliano Leite, B.M., was awarded the 2011 EMF Young Artist’s Merit Award and an EMF Apprentice Work-Study Award at the Eastern Music Festival.
- Manoela Freitas, B.M., accepted a job at Instituto Baccarelli’s Orchestra, São Paulo, Brazil. (2012)
- Leonardo Duarte, M.M., accepted a job as bass instructor at Brazilian’s NGO “Projeto Guri” teaching children from 6-18 years-old. (2012)
- Patricia Silva, M.M., was accepted into the DMA program at the University of Iowa in Iowa City and awarded the prestigious “Iowa Performance Fellowship.” (2010)
- Eric Hilgenstieler, M.M., received the “Significant Improvement Award” – Fall 2010.
- Mr. Hilgenstieler is now teaching at the Hattiesburg School District as the “Low Strings Assistant.” (2010)
- Jeff Baughman, B.M., was accepted into the Music Theory master’s program at the University of Southern Mississippi and awarded a Teaching Assistantship.
- Guilherme Zils, USM Strings Jury Award, Spring 2009, Significant Improvement Award.
- Roberto Imperatore Vianna, M.M., was accepted into the DMA program at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and awarded an assistantship.
- Patricia Silva, M.M., continues teaching at the Hattiesburg School District.
- Roberto Pineda awarded full scholarship at Northern Lights Music Festival, Minnesota.
- Andrew Easterling awarded full scholarship at Northern Lights Music Festival, Minnesota.
- Chad Mundt, B.M., Mr. Mundt is now teaching at the Louisiana Association for the Performing Arts school in River Ridge, LA. He is also a recording engineer for the website MusicFromLastNight.com.
- Mr. Mundt was selected as the bassist for a Jazz Combo Cruising Europe, 2009 and 2010.
- Patricia Silva performed for the Pope at the Vatican, November 2008.
- Patricia Silva won the William T. Gower Competition on campus (String division) and will perform with them on January 29th, 2009.
- Roberto Pineda, MM 2008 in double bass performance, has been hired as a teacher at the Gulf Coast Middle and High School.
- Patricia Silva, a graduate double bass student at USM is the new low strings teacher at the Hattiesburg School District. This project is part of the USM Symphony Orchestra’s Outreach program. (2010)
- Patricia Silva was a member of the Youth Orchestra of the Americas tour in 2008, and will also tour the USA in October as a member of the Sphinx Orchestra.
- Beto Vianna, a master student in double bass performance returned from Brazil where he was a guest musician with professional orchestras in Sao Paulo. He will be a guest recitalist and professor in a 2009 music festival in Brazil.
- Beto Vianna, School of Music, String Division Significant Improvement in Music Performance Award Spring 2008.
- MMTA 2008 State Collegiate Competition : Chad Mundt, Jazz/solo 1st place (Junior/Senior); Gerson Flores, Strings 1st place (Freshman/Sophomore)
- Patricia Silva performed at Carnegie Hall in New York City on Sept 25, 2007
- Beto Vianna, 7th Annual North Texas Jazz Festival Outstanding Soloist, Best combo and Gulf Coast Symphony Position USM Press Release w/ photo
- Roberto Pineda, new job position with the Hattiesburg Middle and High School. (2007)
- Patricia Silva School of Music, String Division Honorable Achievement in Music Performance Award Fall 2007.
- Cody Ruth School of Music, String Division Significant Improvement in Music Performance Award Fall 2007.
- Patricia Silva School of Music, String Division Highest Achievement in Music Performance Award , Fall 2006.