WHAT: Photo Opportunities for Internationally renowned soprano Renée Fleming who will perform with the Southern Miss Symphony Orchestra for the centennial celebration kick-off in Jackson.
WHEN: 11 a.m., Thursday, Jan. 28 & approx. 8:15 p.m., Friday, Jan 29 (performance begins at 7:30 p.m.)
WHERE: Thursday, Garden Room, Fairview Inn, Jackson
Friday, Thalia Mara Hall, Jackson
SPECIFICS: Please note the two media opportunities below:
1. A media opportunity including a Q&A with renowned soprano Renée Fleming will be held Thursday morning, January 28 at 11 a.m. at the Fairview Inn in Jackson, Mississippi. Media with credentials will be allowed in the Garden Room.
The event will proceed as follows:
• A welcome from Mississippi Opera Board President, Lee Ann Mayo, and word about their 65th anniversary (approximately 2 minutes)
• A welcome from, Jennifer Duke Payne, The University of Southern Mississippi Centennial Coordinator, and word about the centennial (approximately 2 minutes)
• A word on this event from Jay Dean, Southern Miss Symphony Orchestra music director (approximately 5 minutes)
• A brief word followed by media Q & A with Renée Fleming (approximately 15 minutes)
• A brief photo op of assembled dignitaries (approximately 5 minutes)
PRESS CONFERENCE MEDIA CONTACT: Mike Lopinto 601.329.1104 (day of event only)
2. A media opportunity will be offered the evening of the performance, Friday, January 29 at the beginning of the second half. Media with credentials will be allowed in the rear floor level of Thalia Mara Hall at approximately 8:15 p.m. Media is allowed to film the first two selections on the second half ONLY.
Please plan accordingly. The follow requirements are in place per Ms. Fleming's contract:
• No flash photography or additional lighting. The performance will be theatrically lit. Please prepare for dim lighting.
• Shutter sounds and any extraneous noises should be disabled or used only during applause.
• Patron sight lines may not be crossed.
• Motion in hall should remain extremely limited.
• At this event, there will be no backstage access prior to, during, or following the concert.
EVENT MEDIA CONTACT: Sherry Harfst 601.259.7346 (evening of performance only)
ADVISORY CONTACT: Beth Taylor, 601.266.5170 (office) or 601.297.4077 (cell)