Contact the Department of Marketing and Public Relations
601.266.4491, College Hall Suite 210
firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 601.266.5347
ELECTRONIC SIGN MESSAGE REQUEST FORM (PDF) (DOC)
The University of Southern Mississippi
Electronic Sign Policies and Guidelines
The University of Southern Mississippi’s electronic message board located at Hardy Street and Highway 49 serves as a communication tool directed to the campus community and to the general public within the framework of the university’s mission of education, research and public service. All messages appearing on the board support and advance this mission.
- Messages must be 20 words or fewer.
- Messages must be typed or printed plainly on an “Electronic Sign Message Request” form.
- Messages must be submitted to the Department of Marketing and Public Relations two weeks prior to the beginning of the event and may run for a maximum of five days. The message can be renewed a maximum of three times. The Department of Marketing and Public Relations may extend the days or renewal times if the nature of the event warrants.
Priority Levels of Sign Messages
- All university events
- Official university announcements
- Public events as they relate to the university’s participation
- Messages are edited for conciseness, clarity and conformity issues.
- Messages are subject to the constraints of priorities and electronic or mechanical limitations.
- The number of messages that may appear in any given time period is limited, and precedence is given to the earliest messages submitted.
- The Department of Marketing and Public Relations will edit, manage and approve all messages.
- Promotion of political, editorial or other statements of opinion is prohibited.
- Messages expressing racist, sexist or bigoted views are prohibited.
- False, misleading or deceptive messages are prohibited.
- Tobacco, alcoholic beverages, gaming and other addictive or age-restricted activities, regardless of sponsorship of the event, are prohibited.
- Personal messages such as birthdays, etc., are prohibited.
- Solicitations of employment, membership or petition signatures are prohibited.
- Use of this service for commercial interest is prohibited.