Department of Printing and Creative Services Changes
This is a university-wide communication to update the students,
faculty and staff about matters of interest to the Southern Miss family.
How you get things printed and created has been reorganized to save department
money and time and to streamline the process.
What is changing?
- You will NOT PAY for design services. Previously, this
was charged to departments and now it will be offered as a service to all
departments FREE. We want to save you dollars next year!
- Starting a project will be easier than ever. Staff will
facilitate a launch meeting prior to writing or designing it on your desk
top. With this launch, the writing, design, approvals, proofing, and quoting
for printing and mailing are all coordinated.
- Proofreading, design and printing quotes will happen in the same location
to make it easier for staff and faculty. Beginning in July, the designers
and some printing staff are moving to the Marketing and Public Relations office--located
in College Hall, Room 210--to streamline the process. Contact Lynn McCarver
to get a project started.
- Printing will be centrally brokered to obtain the fastest turnaround at
the best price (saving you even more). Gray Toney, printing director, will
secure printing, folding, tabbing, mailing and other special services you
What is not changing?
- The Copy Center will remain in its current location. The
bookstore will be moving into the new Cochran Center this fall, and we are
looking to move the Copy Center possibly into the Hub area by January 2007.
- All academic posters will be made in the same location.
The Copy Center will coordinate all academic poster production as they do