The Southern Miss football program, in conjunction with Forrest General Hospital, is putting on a Football 101: Chalk Talk for Women Clinic, Thursday, July 28, from 6-9 p.m., in the Touchdown Terrace of Carlisle-Faulkner Field at Roberts Stadium.
Female fans will get a chance to learn about the game of football from Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora. In addition, Whitney Miller, the First Master Chef on Fox TV, will provide valuable tips for creating a winning tailgate presentation, and Sarah Thompson, the first female Conference USA referee, will do a presentation on hand signals used during the game. The Southern Miss cheerleaders and mascot, Seymour, will also be in attendance.
Other activities during the evening include:
• A fashion show will take place with the newest Southern Miss gear
• Enjoy a delicious dinner and the ability to purchase unique Southern Miss merchandise and gifts
• Have a photo taken with Coach Fedora and will receive a free T-shirt
• Get the opportunity to experience first-hand what Golden Eagles players do on game day by running through the tunnel with the fog and be shown on the jumbotron like the beginning of every game at “The Rock.”
• Whitney Miller’s Cookbook, Modern Hospitality: Simple Recipes with Southern Charm, will be available to purchase that the author will sign.
• Door prizes available all throughout the evening.
Cost to attend is $25 for Spirit of Women and Eagle Club members or $35 for non-members. Limited space is available. Deadline for registration is July 22. To register, call Southern Miss Sports Marketing at 601-266-6571. Visa and Mastercard accepted. For more information, call Spirit of Women at 601-288-4968 or visit forrestgeneral.com.