The 2012-2013 Southern Connection Leadership Team was recognized for their year of service at The University of Southern Mississippi Gulf Coast Awards Day ceremony in April.
Throughout the year, the team of 12 student leaders served as the host group for the orientation and registration event, Gold Rush, and as leadership ambassadors for a variety of university events, including commencement and Welcome Week.
After completing an application and interview process, the students were selected based on leadership and communication skills, a desire to help new and returning students, creativity and commitment, and Southern Miss spirit. Members also received a $500 scholarship for their commitment to the leadership team.
The following students served on the Southern Connection Leadership Team for the 2012-2013 academic year:
- Heather Adams of Gulfport, accounting
- Megan Bermond of Kiln, elementary education
- Melody Brock of Gulfport, mathematics licensure
- Aaron Broussard of Biloxi, business administration
- Alma Burrell of Waveland, social work
- Amanda Crowe of Saucier, business administration
- Jennifer Hightower of Diamondhead, tourism (casino/resort management)
- Keionda Lewis of Bay St. Louis, journalism
- Shelby McGrew of Ocean Springs, psychology
- Karlea Meadows of Pass Christian, marketing
- Haddy Rikabi of Biloxi, political science
- Lauren Turcotte of Bay St. Louis, history
For more information about the Southern Connection Leadership Team at Southern Miss Gulf Coast, visit www.usm.edu/gulfcoast/student-life/about-southern-connection-leadership-team.