The University of Southern Mississippi will hold Founders’ Day activities marking the 101st anniversary of its legislative founding Wednesday, March 30 in Hattiesburg and on the Gulf Coast. Students, faculty and staff and community members are encouraged to attend.
The schedule of events includes:
· 3 p.m.: Founders’ Day Ceremony, Bennett Auditorium. This event will include recognition of students, faculty and staff for outstanding achievement and years of service. Newly elected executive officers for the Student Government Association (SGA) will be inaugurated.
· 4:30 p.m.: Founders’ Day Reception, Student Activities Hub. Campus and community members are invited to attend.
· 9:30 a.m., Gulf Park Ceremony, Fleming Education Center
· 9:30 a.m., Stennis Space Center Teaching and Research Site Ceremony, Department of Marine Science, Building 1020
· 1 p.m. Gulf Coast Research Laboratory Ceremony, Dining Hall
For more information about Founders’ Day activities on the Hattiesburg campus, contact University Communications at 601.266.4491; for information about Founders’ Day activities on the Gulf Coast, contact University Communications at 228.865.4573.