The University of Southern Mississippi’s Centennial Celebration Homecoming Court and Mr. and Miss Southern Miss were chosen recently in campus elections, and will be introduced at halftime of Southern Miss’ football game against East Carolina University Saturday, Oct. 9 at M.M. Roberts Stadium.
Members of the homecoming court are:
· Queen: Denotra Logan, a senior public relations major from Jackson, Miss. She is the daughter of Pocahontas Logan.
· Student Body Maid: Lauren Elizabeth Richards, an elementary education major from Ridgeland, Miss. She is the daughter of Philip and Wendy Richards.
· Graduate Maid: Lindsay Elyse White, a marriage and family therapy student from Pineville, La. She is the daughter of Jewell and Denice White.
· Senior Maid: Maria Evanne Morris, a communication studies major from New Orleans. She is the daughter of Bill and Evanne Morris.
· Junior Maid: Ashley Symone Betts, a finance major from Meridian, Miss. She is the daughter of Anita Betts and the late Sylvester Betts.
· Sophomore Maid: Ashley Tate, an English major from Hattiesburg. She is the daughter of Franklyn and Melody Tate.
· Freshman Maid: Kayla Ashlynn Purvis, a communication studies major from Hattiesburg. She is the daughter of Dale and Tammy Purvis.
Mr. Southern Miss is Vernon Smith, a senior mathematics major from Lorman, Miss; He is the son of Berlinda and Vernon Smith. Miss Southern Miss is Ebony Laporsche Fears, a senior kinesiotherapy major from West Point, Miss. She is the daughter of Lorenzo Fears and Shebby Abrams.
Kickoff for the Golden Eagles’ Conference USA East Division matchup with the Pirates of East Carolina is set for 6 p.m. For ticket information, call 601.266.5418; online, visit www.southernmisstickets.com. For information about other activities taking place during the university’s Centennial Homecoming, online visit www.usm.edu/homecoming.