Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program is to prepare advanced-practice nurses at the highest professional level of nursing practice and to advance the application of nursing knowledge for the purpose of improving health care to diverse populations.
The University of Southern Mississippi College of Nursing has a collaborative consortium program wtih Alcorn State University, Delta State University, Mississippi University for Women and the University of Mississippi Medical Center. The collaborative share state resources, such as faculty, and utlize clases taught via distance learning technology to each university in the consortium. Two schools in the consortium, The University of Southern Mississippi and the University of Mississippi, award the DNP degree.
- Completed application to The University of Southern Mississippi Graduate School and College of Nursing.
- Graduated from a baccalaureate or master’s program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA for the most recent nursing degree.
- Submission of Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores.
- An unencumbered registered nurse (RN) license to practice in the state in which the student will perform clinical activities.
- Curriculum vitae or professional resume'.
- Submission of three letters of reference from individuals (doctoral level nursing individuals preferred) familiar with the applicant's academic/professional background and experience in nursing practice, specifying in detail the applicant's capabilities for doctoral study.
- Cover letter of introduction and a personal statement of research or clinical research interests submitted with application.
- Interview (face - to - face or telephone).
- Proof of Current CPR certification, Criminal Background Check and/or affidavit, hepatitis immunization, TB skin test, and Tdap.
- DNP program prerequisite: Completion of an approved advanced graduate statistics course achieving a grade of B or higher within the past 5 years.
Apply to the DNP Program
- HRSA Loans & Scholarships
- Nursing Education in Mississippi
- NELP/DNP Program
- AANP Funding/Grants/Scholarships
- AACN Funding Resources for Future Nurse Educators
Click the link if you are interested in the Nurse Anesthesia (BSN-DNP)