(RN-BSN) Registered Nurse - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Nurses must be prepared to assist individuals, groups and populations to develop balanced meaningful lives in our society.
The nurse of the twenty-first century must be a competent health care provider as well as a professional leader, manager, coordinator, researcher, critical thinker, and political activist. These roles must be enacted from a perspective of cultural competence, ethics, and effective communication.
The mission of the online program is to develop the professional nurse through education, research, scholarship and practice.
The RN-BSN Program at The University of Southern Mississippi promotes a flexible, student-centered, liberating, learning environment featuring the best teaching-learning practices and excellent technical support. The program is designed to help registered nurses obtain their Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- Spring Semester (Application Deadline: September 1)
- Summer Semester (Application Deadline: February 1)
- Fall Semester (Application Deadline: February 1)
- Admitted to Southern Miss as an undergraduate student
- Must be in good academic standing at Southern Miss, i.e., cannot be on probation, probation continued or suspension
- Graduated from an associate degree or diploma program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Earned at least a 'C' in each prerequisite course.
- Earned at least a 'C' in each nursing course from the associate degree in nursing program or diploma program.
- May only repeat/retake one required science prerequisite course one time
- May only repeat/retake one associate degree/diploma nursing course one time
- Successfully completed all prerequisite courses before beginning courses in the RN-BSN Program
- At the time of application, approximately 75% of the required prerequisite courses, including 3 of the 5 prerequisite science courses must be completed
- Professional: Current unrestricted Mississippi RN license*; current CPR certification*; Criminal Background Check and/or affidavit
RN-BSN Admission Requirements