The vision of the Southern Miss College of Nursing is to excel in baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral education, innovative clinical practice, and the creative use of technology to advance nursing practice, education, and scholarship.
The mission of Southern Miss College of Nursing is to enhance the health and well-being of the people of the state of Mississippi by preparing graduates at the baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral level of education who are prepared to advance the profession of nursing through education, scholarship, and service.
- Values: Innovation in Nursing Science and Practice with Integrity, Research, Education, and Diversity.
- Theme: Inspired, Innovative, and Diverse
Strategic Plan: The strategic plan and goals for the College of Nursing focus on the following 4 areas.
1. Wellness: A healthy, creative, open work and academic environment of collaboration and partnership with learning and mentoring of faculty, staff, and students, as well as implementation of wellness programs.
2. Resources: The utilization of current physical, human and financial assets to maximize outcomes and success as well as the acquisition of new assets to elevate the College of Nursing to a higher level of excellence.
3. Visibility: Recognition as a leader in education, service, research in the University, state, nation, and international community.
4. Success: The achievement of innovation in education, service, and research.