Nutrition Science, B.S.
- Do you plan to pursue a career in medicine, optometry, dentistry or another professional degree area?
- Do you like studying nutrition and wish you could learn more while staying on your professional degree tract?
If the answer is "Yes, " then Nutrition Science maybe the degree plan for you.
About Nutrition Science
Nutrition science is designed for students who
wish to study nutrition, but do not intend to enter
into dietetics practice or pursue registered dietitian
This route is appropriate for students who wish to
pursue post-baccalaureate professional or graduate
education in nutrition or the health sciences.
- Teach science in primary schools (additionalcourses required)
- Researcher/educator in a variety of areas
- Food and nutrition scientist
- Manage or assist with clinical protocols,interventions or clinical trials
For any of these health-related professions,
additional courses may be required:
- Chiropractor (DC)
- Dentist (DDS)
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Physician (MD or DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Podiatrist (DP)
- Veterinarian (DVM)