Alerts, Shut Downs & Detours
- There are currently no alerts
- North 31st Avenue Parking Lot to Close
The parking lot on the corner of North 31st Avenue and Pearl Street, south of the Liberal Arts Building, will close Monday, Sept. 22 in preparation for the construction of a new paved lot. The lot will be completed in two phases, with phase one to be completed in late December followed by completion of phase two in mid February. Once complete the lot will include 148 spaces designated for Faculty/Staff and Open Zone parking.
- Parking Spaces near Kennard-Washington Hall to Close
- The service zone and all but two of the ADA parking spaces outside of the east entrance of Kennard-Washington Hall will be blocked.
- Half of the Beedie Smith Clinic parallel parking spaces on the north side of Kennard-Washington Hall will be blocked.
- All of the parallel parking spaces north of McLemore Hall in the Kennard-Washington lot will be blocked.
Weather dependent, the tornado repairs to the roof of Kennard-Washington Hall will be complete in November.
- Joseph Greene Hall Elevator Shut Down
Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 2, the elevator located in Joseph Greene Hall will be out of service for replacement of the drive cylinder, which is required for the elevator’s operation. Throughout the repair process, noise, including early morning jackhammering, and mild non-toxic odors can be expected. Barring any unforeseen problems, service to the elevator will be restored by Wednesday, Oct. 8.
If you require accommodations because of these repairs, please contact Greg Pierce at 601.266.5702 or the Physical Plant at 601.266.4414.
- SMALLING DRIVE TO CLOSE
In preparation for roof repairs of Kennard-Washington Hall (map) and Hattiesburg Hall (map), Smalling Drive, which runs behind Hickman Hall (map) and in front of the Beedie Smith Clinic (map), is currently closed.
Service and emergency vehicles will be accommodated during this time. Smalling Drive will close completely in mid-August until tornado repairs are completed. The exact dates will be communicated prior to the closure.