Provides clerical support for the faculty, answers incoming calls and assists departmental visitors, distributes packets to advisors, accesses mainframe computer terminal to aid students with registration and class changes. Currently working in the department’s main office assisting with student enrollment, student payroll, inventory management, and general office duties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to University and department policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Types departmental/university forms such as requisitions, travel forms, interdepartmental invoices, transmittal sheets, remittance vouchers, and purchase request forms.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner. Forwards telephone calls to appropriate individuals for action as needed.
- Accesses and downloads information from the internet as needed.
- Picks up and distributes incoming mail and deposits outgoing mail daily.
- Checks the department's mailbox in the Dean's office.
- Labels and ships FedEX and UPS packages when needed.
- Orders gas cylinders for research and teaching labs.
- Types forms and other assignments.
- Posts departmental announcements on campus.
- Completes PAF and tax form paperwork to hire student workers and employees; processes the bi-weekly timesheets.
- Makes travel and lodging arrangements for faculty, staff, students and departmental visitors; processes travel forms and reimbursements.
- Picks up and distributes registration packets to the appropriate advisors and types and posts a list of advisors with office room numbers for new students.
- Maintains advisor list in SOAR.
- Assists students during registration, including when permission is granted to enter closed classes or to override requisites.
- Registers new majors during Preview sessions.
- Attends faculty meetings when requested.
- Types and distributes minutes of the meeting upon request.
- Schedules courses and classrooms each semester.
- Changes instructor of record and proxies.
- Processes Physical Plant work orders including key requests; maintains an up-to-date key log.
- Performs other duties as assigned.