Sport Security Management Online Certificate
The first of its kind in the country, the Sport Security Management certificate program at Southern Miss is a comprehensive training program that provides effective management, planning, prevention, response and recovery standards and procedures in sports security. The program uses techniques that comply with the standards and procedures of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) set forth by the Department of Homeland Security. It is designed to prepare current and future sports and entertainment professionals with the specialization capabilities and knowledge needed to meet the management challenges of homeland defense and security in a sports environment.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- enhance the security and safety of citizens at sporting events
- improve the capabilities to conduct risk assessments, analyze and mitigate risks
- enhance emergency response, evacuation and recovery operational planning to terrorist incidents, natural disasters and crowd management issues
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
- Professional, Intercollegiate, Interscholastic and Recreation Facility Managers and Operations Staff
- Emergency Management Agency Personnel
- Fire Service/HazMat Personnel
- Emergency Medical Service Personnel
- Security Professionals
- Law Enforcement
- Public Safety Communications
- Individuals interested in entering the sporting industry in security management
"As a Federal Agent engaged in protection of military members around the world, I found the Sports Security Management Program extremely beneficial in understanding crowd management and the Incident Command Systems. The University of Southern Mississippi is a pioneer in the sports security industry and gave me a unique understanding and skills which I could not gain elsewhere. I would recommend Southern Miss to any military members who are interested in enhancing their military career with a distinctive skill or are interested in a sports security career after retiring from the military." - Scot Walker, special agent, DHS/CGIS LA-LB
"In preparing to take the England Football Team to the World Cup in SA 2010, the processes and research undertaken during my course with Southern Miss played a significant role in my planning and preparation for the Tournament." - Ray Whitworth, head of team and corporate security, The Football Association
"The course concept and material were great and very informative and the instructor was prompt and responsive. I have been considering the sports management degree from Southern Miss with a concentration in sport security because I liked the concept and material so much.” - Drew Pittman, director of facilities Baylor University Athletics, Waco, Texas.
Enhance your career and skills with cutting-edge curriculum and the leader in sport security management. Enroll online today.