True South Economic Development Course
This is an introductory course exposing participants to the fundamentals and practice of creating jobs, increasing wealth, improving the tax base and enhancing a community’s quality-of-life, the first step in pursuing professional certification.
- Managing an Economic Development Organization
- Ethics in Economic Development
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Workforce Development
- Entrepreneurial and Small Business Development
- Marketing and Attraction
- Strategic Planning
- Real Estate Development
- Economic Development Finance
- Community Development
COURSE AGENDA (Check back later)
The course is accredited by the International Economic Development Council. It fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to take the examinations for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation.