Every semester, Southern Miss Recreational Sports hires part-time employees in a variety of different positions. Positions listed are only open to Southern Miss students. Below are the open part-time positions available with Rec Sports.
How to apply for a job:
- Review the position descriptions listed below and identify a position for which you would like to apply.
- Fill out the _pre-employment_application.pdf[PDF].
- Once completed, turn in your application by one of the following methods:
- Turn in completed form to Payne Center
- Fax completed form to 601.266.5677
- Email completed form
- Marketing and Public Relations (Graphic Designers)
- Facility Management (Facility Set-Up, Supervisor, Equipment Issue)
- Welcome Center and Sales
- Swim Instructor
- Intramural Sports Official
- Intramural Sports Supervisor
- Office Assistant/Receptionist
- Fitness Attendant
- Personal Trainer
- Trip Leader
- Outdoor Adventures Center Attendant
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Work Out Zone Staff
- Hiring takes place the semester prior.
- Bring your semester schedule.
- Dress professionally.
- Remember to smile.
Benefits to Working on Campus
- Easy commute.
- Better networking with faculty and staff.
- Become more engaged on campus.
- More flexibility.